Years 9-12 in High School are exciting, challenging and - on occasion - daunting for students with disability and their parents as they prepare for life when School's Out Forever.
This workshop aims to assist you to prepare for planning post-school life and explore the supports and services available to you/your child once they leave school.
Morning tea and light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Guest Speakers and Topics:
• Mary Hawkins - Director Strategic Initiatives, Provider & Market Relations, NDIA - who will speak on 'School Leavers and the NDIS'
• Bronia Holyoak - CEO, Valued Lives - who will share tips and information on 'Preparing to Plan for a Good Life after School'
• Geraldine Maddrell - Community Development Worker, Valued Lives Micro-enterprise Project - who will talk about the option of starting your own Micro-enterprise and how the Micro-enterprise Project helps people on this small business journey.
• Ewan Fowles - CEO, Ewan Eye - Disability Awareness. Ewan is a young NDIS Participant who has developed his Micro-enterprise, with the support of the Valued Lives Micro-enterprise Project and he will share some of his journey in developing his business.
• Gaelen Williams - Coordinator Customised Employment Projects - NDS
• Alex Murphy - NDCO - The NDCO Program aims to assist people with disability to move between school/community, vocational education and training (VET) and higher education, to succeed in their chosen studies and begin suitable employment.
For more information about this event or to advise of any dietary requirements, contact Veronica Burkin at Valued Lives - Phone: 0404 457 983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Your Ticket Here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/schools-out-forever-tickets-63941194835