Hi, I'm Peter. I'm 24 and I'm a fun loving guy. I'm curious to learn new things and passionate about living an exciting life with heaps of friends, family and community around me.
My interests include going out, meeting new people, hanging out with friends, food, travelling and holidays, going for drives, keeping fit at the gym and the pool, and voluntary work at Scouts and as an advocate.
I also have cerebral palsy which is a disability, but I like to call it a diagnosis advantage. I am completely dependent on being independent with the assistance of others.
I believe that anything is possible, and that with the right mindset people with disability can not only achieve the life they want - they can achieve extra-ordinary things.
I am looking for a support worker to assist me to achieve my goals and dreams. I am a creative and innovative person who enjoys exploring new ideas and ways of doing things, and I also appreciate these qualities in my team.
If you are the right person to work with me, you'll:
• have excellent communication skills
• be very punctual and organised
• seek to create healthy team relationships
• be innovative and creative
• be able to take responsibility and show initiative
• have a passion for human rights
• have a flair for cooking
• able to facilitate social events and situations
• have the ability to grow and change with me
• enjoy learning new things and developing new skills
To work with me, you must have:
• A manual Class C driver's license, good driving skills and confidence to drive a van
• A current Police Clearance
• Computer skills - including Word and similar programs
• Excellent written skills, including being able scribe for me in work and study situations
• The ability to respect my privacy and confidentiality
Location: Balcatta, see map below.
You don't need to have previous experience supporting a person with physical disability as full training will be provided for the right candidates.
To apply, please provide your resume and a cover letter.