About the Role:
Cahoots is a Perth based Non-for-profit that runs camps and programs for children and young people who are living with a disability.Our Facilitators are integral to the effective functioning of Cahoots through efficient implementation of our programs/camps.
As an organisation, we run over 30 camps and 20 programs a year. ranging from day sport and rec programs, overnight camps to week long regional camps.
As described, this job involves weekend, night and out of hours work, but we can work around your availability.
• Adhere to budget parameters of camp for all expenses
• Facilitate programs and camps to the highest quality adhering to all Cahoots policies, procedures and standards
• Coordinate program volunteers during program delivery, providing leaderships, guidance, feedback and support
• Lead by example constantly whilst representing Cahoots
• Prioritise participants’ needs and goals when planning and delivering all programs
• Administer and record medication for all program participants according to the Cahoots Medication form requirements inc. duel signing and witnessing.
• Uphold the dignity or people with disability.
• Experience and/or understanding of the needs of people with disability and their families/carers.
• Demonstrated high level of interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate, negotiate and liaise with a range of individuals, including volunteer leaders, parents/carers/guardians, Camp Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator.
• Ability to resolve conflict and demonstrate behaviour management skills.
• Willingness to work with children and young people in an enthusiastic and positive manner.
• Ability to remain calm in a crisis
• National Police Check and Working with Children Card
• Current driver’s license with availability for after-hours work.
• Senior First Aid Certificate
• Ability to implement and lead a variety of appropriate activities and games
• Basic understanding of nature of participants inc. potential issues.
• Able to attend a few camps/programs on a volunteer basis for training.
• Promote a welcoming and safe environment for children and all people.
• 25 Seater bus license
• Other disability/medical accreditation
• Cahoots provides a truly rewarding experience for all those involved while gaining hand on experiences within the disability/recreation/youth/community sector. We frequently offer training opportunities as well as all included travel/activity/accommodation costs while on the programs.
• Cahoots welcomes diversity.