Sensorium Theatre exists to spark the imaginations of children with disability. We specialise in creating disability-specific and inclusive sensory theatre and storytelling experiences for early intervention and school-aged audiences.
The company is now officially offering their new Sensory Storytelling program to early intervention providers, libraries, and K - 3 school groups in the Perth Metro Area.
Through music and multi-sensory stimulation, the program aims to spark children's imaginations, bring out voluntary and creative responses and achieve engagement with story.
4 popular nursery rhymes delivered with multi-sensory props (for K/PP/1)
1 x 45minute session x 5 weeks
Sensory re-tellings of "Bear Hunt" by Michael Rosen or "Wombat Stew" by Marcia Vaughan
1 x 45 minute session x 5 weeks
- Term based delivery. [Partners may choose 1st or 2nd half of Terms 2 & 3. For the shorter terms, 1 & 4, we generally run in the middle 5 weeks of term].
- Max number of sessions in one school hour day = 4
- We will consider an after school hours program starting no later than 3:30pm.
- Total session run time, including set-up & pack-down = 1.5 to 2.5hrs
- Maximum number of students per program = 15
- We bring all our own materials
1 x program - $2050
2 x programs - $2600
3 x programs - $3700
4 x programs - $4250
If you are a school, you can jump straight to booking us for Term 3 2018 by following this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SensoryStorytelling2018EOI_Schools
Thank you for your interest!
The team at Sensorium Theatre
"It was very worthwhile from a therapy point of view, with movement, sensory, following instructions, turn taking… It was also non-threatening. The colour and music draws the kids in.” (Mai Welsh, Manager Therapy Professional Services — Children, Rocky Bay: 2017 trial partner)
"I love the way that a Sensorium incursion engages our children and inspires staff to be creative in their programming." (Ros Hamling, Principal, Carson Street School: 2017 trial partner)